Surface network adapter not working? Well if you ask me, your Surface network adapter not working should be a huge concern. The Surface network adapter is not just a wireless network adapter that allows you to connect to a wireless network at home, it is the gateway to all the awesome free software on the Microsoft Windows platform. If it is not working it will have a huge impact on what you can do with your Surface device (like doing work on it, using it at school, or gaming with friends). So if you have Surface network adapter not working you need to get it fixed as soon as you can.
I have a Microsoft Surface 3 with Windows 8.1 and it’s not recognizing my Lan adapter. I have no problems with my Lan adapter on my desktop PC. Here is my network adapter settings: Network Adapter settings: I’m stuck on network adapter settings and I think I have the problem solved but I can’t be sure. I need help. Can someone help me please?
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I noticed that my old surface pro 4 does not have a Wifi antenna slot. This is strange because I have a surface network adapter and it works great. I tried using it on a different surface network adapter and it did not work. I tried checking and unchecking the adapter to remove the chance of it being a hardware issue. I even read through the surface network adapter troubleshooting guide available on Microsofts support site. Nothing has worked. The adapter just stopped working after a few hours.
Milan Stanojevic Co-Editor in Chief Milan has had a passion for computers since childhood, which has led him to become interested in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more
- Many users have reported that their Microsoft Surface network adapter is not working and therefore they cannot access the internet at all.
- The best way to solve this problem is to update your drivers with a reliable driver update software.
- Another way to solve the problem is to use an older version of the Wi-Fi driver.
- If there is no Microsoft Surface network adapter, you can try performing a network reset.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
The Microsoft Surface is a great device, but many people report that the Microsoft Surface network adapter does not work with their device. This can be a big problem, because you won’t be able to access the Internet over Wi-Fi at all. However, there are ways to solve this problem. As expected, we’ll show you how. Please read the following troubleshooting tips carefully and apply them one by one.
How do I troubleshoot my Microsoft Surface network adapter?
1. Use special software to update drivers
One way to solve this problem is to update your drivers. Manually searching for the right driver can be a tedious task, but some tools can do it for you automatically. Driveris essential for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, errors, hiccups or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date. The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that safely checks for new updates and easily applies them, which is why we highly recommend DriverFix:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Return to old pilot
- Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- In the Device Manager, locate the Wi-Fi adapter and double-click on it.
- Now click the Roll Back Driver button.
After resetting an old driver, check if the problem persists. Remember that Windows updates the driver automatically. So make sure you block the update of some drivers.
3. Manually installing an old driver
- Download an older version of the Wi-Fi driver from the Microsoft website.
- After loading the driver, press Windows + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Run the following command (but don’t forget to change the file paths to those on your system): msiexec /a d:downloadsdriver_file_name.msi /qb TARGETDIR=d:downloadsdriver
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems. Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology. Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components. For more information, see our guide on extracting the contents of an exe file. You now need to remove the driver and update it manually by following the next steps:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter and select Remove Device.
- If any, highlight Remove drivers for this device and click Remove.
- Locate the Wi-Fi adapter, right-click and select Update Driver.
- Select Browse My Computer to search for drivers.
- Click the Browse button and locate the folder where you extracted the MSI file.
- When the folder is selected, press Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
This is an advanced solution, but many people have reported that this method has helped them, so you may want to give it a try.
4. Checking for the latest updates
- Connect your Surface to an Ethernet network through a LAN port or a USB wireless adapter.
- Open the Settings application and go to Update & Security.
- If updates are available, download and install them.
After updating your system, check if the Microsoft Surface’s network adapter is still missing. In addition to updating Windows 10, you can also update the Surface’s firmware.
5. Using the network reset function
- Open the Settings application and go to Network and Internet.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset Network option.
- Press the Reset Now button and follow the on-screen instructions.
All network adapters are then removed and reinstalled and the problem should be solved. If the Microsoft Surface network adapter does not work, the most likely cause is related to the driver. If updating your drivers with the best driver updater doesn’t help, you can always try one of our other solutions. Have you found a solution to this problem yourself? Tell us what you think in the comments. Do you have any problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Was this page helpful? Thank you. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionAfter searching online for a solution for my randomly-not-working Microsoft Surface network adapter, I came across the solution in this post. After following the instructions, I was able to connect to my wireless network again, and I can safely say that this is a great post to follow for the average Surface user.. Read more about why do i have to keep resetting my network adapter windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix network adapter problems?
Network adapters are designed to allow your computer to communicate with devices that don’t have a network card in them, such as printers, scanners, and other computers. When you connect a network adapter to a network, the computer and the device will be able to share files and resources. While the hardware has been the primary focus of late, Windows 10 still has a few problems. Most notable is the fact that the company’s Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices still have issues with their wireless network adapters, which can cause random failures with wireless connectivity. The latest Windows 10 Creators Update does not fix the problem, but an upcoming Windows 10 update might.
Why does my network adapter keep failing?
“The network adapter has been amazing to use. I was able to connect using it and all of my devices without a problem. However, on my last computer upgrade, my adapter kept failing. I decided to do my research on the Internet and found a lot of great answers. I fixed it myself with a few of these answers. Thanks for your help. Fix Network Adapter Not Working [Full Fix]!” Windows 10 network adapters are often a pain in the rear, and our readers know this. In this post I’ll explain the cause of the network connectivity issue and how to fix it.
How do I fix my Windows network adapter?
There are often times when a new technology can make things faster, more convenient, and less headache inducing, but other times these same technologies can slow us down, making our lives more complicated. Network adapters are one of these cases. It’s not just that a network adapter for your computer or device slows things down; it can also cause a lot of problems that can cripple your computer, such as freezing or crashing. How to Fix Windows Network Adapter not working Error [Full Fix] : This is a common problem with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Unfortunately, there are some things that can go wrong with your network adapter. Here’s how to fix it.
wifi adapter not working windows 10network adapter not working windows 10windows 10 network adapter missingnetwork adapter driver windows 10why do i have to keep resetting my network adapter windows 10windows could not find a driver for your network adapter,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,microsoft surface network adapter missing,microsoft surface network adapter driver,wifi adapter not working windows 10,network adapter not working windows 10,why do i have to keep resetting my network adapter windows 10,windows 10 network adapter missing,surface pro wifi adapter missing,windows could not find a driver for your network adapter