In this post, I’ll show you how to use Google Drive offline. These days, a lot of people are using Google Drive as a place to store their work, and many also use it as a place to store their work-related files.
Google Drive is a one-stop-shop for storing and sharing your documents with the world. You can easily save and share your files online, wherever you are, and you can access them from any device by logging into your Google account. However, not everyone has an internet connection, and even those with internet access sometimes wish to use Google Drive offline, without being connected to the web. Here’s how you can use it.
Google Drive is a great service for saving your work or sharing files with friends. However, if you want to save it for later or access it from any internet enabled device, you need to use Google Drive Offline. In this tutorial, we will help you learn how to use the service to its fullest potential.
Early 2012. Google has made Google Drive available for offline use. Since then, Google Drive users can edit their files and documents even when there is no Wi-Fi or cellular data, or even when airplane mode is on. You can edit documents offline, and the changes you make are applied when you reconnect to the network. This is a great and inexpensive way to save time if you’re going somewhere by bus and don’t have data or Wi-Fi. If you also want to download some documents, of course you can, but the whole process will be completed when you have a stable internet connection. See also: To create folders in Google Drive
How to use it online on your computer
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer. Make sure you are logged into your Gmail account. (If not, log in first), look up Google Drive in the search bar or go to Google Apps (the logo with the nine dots in the corner of your browser window) and find it there.
- When you open Google Drive, you should find the settings logo, which is the rounded logo in the right corner of the screen (often called the gear button). Find it and click on it.
- A small pop-up sidebar appears with many different options. Click on the last option, the Enable Offline Player option.
- You will be prompted to install the Web Drive application for your Google Chrome. Accept and install it.
- When the installation process is complete, return to the Google Drive tab. Now you want to check which files are offline and which are in sync. To do this, click the gear icon again in the top right corner of the screen and select Show Documents Offline.
- The browser opens a new tab where you can see all the files you can edit offline. Bookmark this page so that you can refer to it when you do not have access to the Internet.
Note that you cannot create or save new documents when you are offline. You can only edit and view old ones.
To use it offline on your mobile phone:
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Google Drive application on your phone. If so, connect it to your Gmail account.
- Open the application on your phone.
- Look for the option with the three dots somewhere on the left side of the phone screen. When you find it, press it lightly. This will open up new possibilities for you.
- When the left sidebar appears, scroll down the list until you find the Online Available button.
- To activate offline mode, press the Online Available button until it turns blue. That’s how you know it’s on.
Always remember that changes made offline are not official until you are connected to a working Wi-Fi network or mobile data. You can edit the document, its content, name, the folder it is in, etc. However, you cannot add or create new files in your Google Drive account.One of the most popular features of Google Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) is the offline mode, which allows you to edit and view documents without an internet connection. But how do you make sure you never run out of data when you need to edit something?. Read more about how to make google drive videos available offline and let us know what you think.
how to use google drive offline on macgoogle drive offline downloadgoogle drive offline – androidgoogle drive offline not workinggoogle drive offline folder androidhow to make google drive folder available offline,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,where are google drive offline files stored android,how to make google drive folder available offline,google drive offline download,how to make google drive videos available offline,how to use google drive offline on mac,google drive offline – android,google drive offline not working,google drive offline extension