Windows 10 features a new way of connecting to the Internet: you can now choose the kind of connection you need (Wi-Fi or mobile data), and the method of connecting to the Internet, such as wired or wireless. The new laptop mode will not work on older devices, but if you have a device with an Ethernet port, you’ll need to use the same Ethernet cable.
If your gaming PC is a laptop, you may have already discovered that you can only use one of your Internet connections on the device. And if you have two Internet connections on your laptop, you cant use two simultaneously.
Alexander Ognianovich Expert at solving problems Technology is Alexander’s greatest passion. With a strong background in writing, he strives to bring the most advanced technologies to the average user. He has a sharp eye and always sees what’s going on around him ….. Read more Updated: 17. June 2021. Published: June 2019
- Internet connection consolidation in Windows 10 will provide more efficient and stable traffic.
- There is a simple way to do this, which is to use system resources correctly.
- Using a special hotspot program can also give good results, so give it a try.
- Load-balancing routers achieve this by proprietary design, but you will need to invest.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Suppose you have two routers from two different ISPs and you want to pool their bandwidth. Or you have a WLAN and a LAN from two different sources and you want them to work together. This is feasible and can be very useful. The possibilities are endless, but the result is always the same: a faster connection. There are several ways to merge two Internet connections in Windows 10. We have tried to list them below, along with some explanations.
How to merge 2 internet connections in Windows 10?
- Use of system resources
- Use a special hotspot program
- Try using a load balancing router.
1. Use of system resources
- Type Control into the Windows search bar and open Control Panel from the results.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center and select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the active Internet connection and open Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol TCP/IP version 4 and click Properties.
- Click on Advanced.
- Disable Automatic Metric and enter 15 in the Interface Metric field.Disable Automatic Metric
- Confirm the changes and repeat for all connections.
- Disconnect both connections and restart the computer.
- Connect the two ports and see if there are any improvements.
The first method of combining two Internet connections does not require any third-party software or special hardware. With just a few settings, you can merge two separate Internet connections or, conversely, create a bridge between them. So there are two methods you can use on any Windows computer to merge the two connections into one. The first method consists in avoiding the metric calculations performed by the system. What does that mean? If you have two connections at the same time, Windows uses the automatic metric to determine which connection is more efficient and sticks with that one. The second connection remains as a backup in case of failure of the primary connection or a sudden drop in metrics. The second method is only applicable to two LAN/WAN connections and essentially consists of a bridge between the two connections to provide twice the bandwidth. Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to Control Panel, select Network and Internet, then click Network Center and select Change Adapter Settings.
- Hold down the CTRL key and click on both connections to select them.
- Right-click on one of the connections and select Bridge Connections.
2. Use the special access point program
Sometimes the system resources do not meet the requirements and you have to make do with a third-party application. Using non-systematic software for something so simple may seem a little odd, but many users have failed to use either method in the first. They decided to seek the help of a third-party application. If this is also true for you, we can recommend the tool below as the most suitable.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems. Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology. Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components. The software is a versatile tool for configuring wireless access points, expanding coverage and linking connections. The application is quite intuitive and easy to set up and use. In this case, instead of using the standard routed access, we use bridged access to connect the two Internet connections. A few years ago there were two separate applications, but today everything is in one application. Of course, this is an advanced version, so the free version is not enough. You need the MAX version to run it. The following describes how to download, install and configure an application to bridge two Internet connections:
- Download the application via the link below.
- Start the installation program.
- Add all your connections and select Bridge mode under Network Access.
- That’s it! You have just combined the full potential of all your connections into a single access point.
⇒ Get Connectify Hotspot
3. Try a router with load balancing
If your workflow requires a reliable and stable connection, the most reliable way to connect two (or even more) links is to use a load balancing router. They come in many forms and types, and some are even offered by different internet service providers. TP-Link – these are the cheapest, but you can also choose Cisco or UTT. It all depends on your needs and your budget. Once you have purchased a router for load balancing, the process is quite simple. Just use a WAN/LAN to combine multiple connections. There may be a few small configuration steps to perform, but you can be up and running in a few minutes. It is important to note that the IP addresses of the router and the Internet connections to be merged may not be the same. ⇒ Get a router with load balancing. This is the end of this article and we hope you found our solutions useful to unify your Internet connections efficiently. You may also be interested in the best load balancing solutions to ensure stable network traffic for your devices. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you. Do you have any problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I combine two Internet connections to get a faster connection?
Combining two Internet connections can definitely help you get faster speeds (especially when you’re streaming HD movies or downloading a large file). But it needs to be done correctly. You are likely to damage your computer if you do it wrong. Though internet connections are essential for accessing all the things—work, school, entertainment, and more—no one likes waiting for transfers. Whether it’s a slow connection or a poor signal, most people can’t wait to get online and catch up on the latest media.
Can I combine two network connections Windows 10?
Lately, I’ve been having some problems with giving up my Wi-Fi for the modem connection. I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both of which have connections to the Internet via a router. But, it’s been a hassle having to keep switching between the two, especially when I’m just using the laptop during the day. A new feature in Windows 10 is the ability to connect to two networks at once in a single Windows 10 device. This feature can be useful if you have a home network with one Internet connection and a wireless network for your gaming needs. In this article, I will show you how to set up a single Windows 10 device to connect to both a home network and a wireless network.
Can you combine two Internet connections?
I’ve been a heavy gamer for many years now, frequenting websites and downloading movies and games, and I’m one of the lucky ones that’s been able to play a lot of this on high-end systems. For me, it’s a vast and wonderful world of great games and entertainment, but one thing that’s always bothered me is that certain features are often not available, or I find myself having to switch between devices to do certain things. Let’s face it, it can get very annoying, and you’re definitely not alone — plenty of people have similar complaints, and it’s something that’s been on my mind for a long time … One of the great perks of owning a PC is the freedom to access multiple Internet connections. However, doing so comes with its own share of challenges. For example, you may have a great connection at home, but want to go online when you’re on the road. You may also be living in an apartment complex, or in a situation where wireless Internet isn’t available.
combine multiple internet connectionsmultiple network connections windows 10two internet connections one routerhow to merge two different networkscombine ethernet and wifi windows 10windows 10 bridge connections,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,combine multiple internet connections,multiple network connections windows 10,two internet connections one router,how to merge two different networks,combine internet connections with load balancing router,combine ethernet and wifi windows 10,windows 10 bridge connections,connect to 2 wifi networks at once windows 10